Thursday 13 September 2007

Mango chilli chicken

Exciting things since I last blogged:

- I ordered a wedding dress! It is looooooooooooovely. That is the only detail anyone is getting.
- Most other 'wedding' stuff is getting on my nerves. All I care about is marrying Keith and becoming Mrs Patterson. I want everybody to have good food, a drink and a dance, but no neeeeeeed for chocolate fountains or silly table decorations or anything. Fair play to those who spend hours on that kind of stuff, but I guess it just isn't my bag.
- Still no furthur on with health stuff. Likely to have IBS. Hopefully I don't, because being told I can't eat bread or chilli or whatever would tear me up inside.

On a food note, and inspired by my friend Ruth's cookery blog I made an amaaaaaaaaaaazing curry, inspired by a well past it mango:

1 ripe mango
3 spring onions
1 stick lemongrass (now available in Lidl. Woohoo!)
1 piece ginger
1 red chilli (with seeds)
3 tablespoons fresh coriander
2-4 tablespoons fish sauce
2-4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar (optional, but yum)
1 tin coconut milk
Few drops sesame oil
Juice of 1-2 limes

Bung it all in a food processor, starting with the lemongrass because it takes aggggggggges.

I made it with chicken, but pork in really fine slices would be nicer I think. If you don't like life quite so spicy then take the seeds out of the chilli first. Yumm yum yum.



Summmer Madness BBQ on Saturday! Exciting!

3 comments:

ruthEbabes said...

Ooooooh I gotta try this!!!! Mind you I'd have to do a steak or something for Rob on the side lol

miss.sarah said...

Teeheehee. Boys are silly. I just amke enough rice to feed about 12 with Keith.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.