It was an evening to pull on a cardi, fire up the barbeque and prepare a lazy, tasy supper to enjoy in the warmth of the evening sun.
Gurnard with salsa verde and horseradish potato salad
4 gurnard fillets
1 tablespoon as many different green herbs as you can get your hands on: in the garden I found rosemary, parsley, mint, lemon thyme, thyme and chives
Juice 1/2 lemon
2 anchovy fillets
1 garlic clove
Salt & pepper
1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
2 tablespoons mayo
Salt and pepper
1. Put everything in the food processor except the fish and olive oil. Blitz until everything is finely chopped.
2. With the processor still running, slowly add enough olive oil to emulsify and turn the whole mixture into a dropable consistancy. I used 2-3 tablespoons in total.
3. Check for seasoning
4. Season your fish, smear the salsa onto the fleshy side.
5. Wrap in foil parcels and leave to marinade for up to two hours.
6. Put the potatoes on to boil, whole and unpeeled. When boiled, drain and cool.
7. Make dressing for potato by mixing together horseradish, mayo and seasoning.
8. Mix dressing with diced, cooked potatoes. Check seasoning.
9. Cook fish parcels on BBQ or in oven at 180 degrees for 5-7 minutes, until falky and cooked.
Enjoy with a green salad, glass of Pinot Grigio and the sun setting.